Why Cloud Migration to any cloud is a disaster?
Being one of the leading cloud migration company, we come across multiple situations customers come to us and explain their cloud migration to any cloud is a disaster.
What is the disaster situation arise during the migration process?
- The migration didn’t complete on the expected time.
- The production server is locked and service to the end-users is disrupted.
- The target server is not consistent with the production server.
- Target server locked the source production server because it established a connection with the source Active Directory.
- Unable to access the target server post AWS or Azure.
- Lack of support from the cloud migration tool provider during the final cutover.
Why causes the disaster situation to arise?
The planning team unaware of the underlying technology.
1. The target cloud requires some dedicated tool to work on their hypervisor and it fails to install and hence the network connection is broken, these are the uncertain situation which does not come under the total time planning phase.
2. The production server suddenly gets excess read or write on the disk because of the application and hence that is directly affecting the data transfer speed which increases the time to complete the cloud migration.
3. The Antivirus on the production server finds some remote server accessing the source server and that inspects each and every packet before sending and that also increases the time to complete the migration.
4. Improper communication with the other team like backup team or networking team who performs their daily check on the source during cloud migration and that breaks the connection and that is also one of the reasons for time-consuming cloud migration.
How to reduce the disaster situation?
Each and every organization want to migrate their server from on-premise to the cloud or from cloud to cloud. There could be multiple reasons, like the age of the hardware on-premises and their wear and tear or their server usage has increased drastically and to scale that on-premise is an expensive solution.
- Find the best cloud migration tool who can automate the entire process of cloud migration.
- Perform some POC migration to understand the difficulties and find the pattern of migration completion process and UAT, that helps to calculate the completion time of cloud migration to a great extent.
- Identify the data migration speed during the peak business hours and non-business hours.
- Communicate properly to all the team and restrict the daily backup and network connection test to reduce the load on the production server.
- If any issues come during the POC migration, how long the cloud migration tool support team takes to respond as per the SLA and how long it takes to fix a cloud issue?
- The target cloud may be different than the source environment, so verify if the demo application is running perfectly on the target cloud post-migration.
Check for any security concern during migration or unsupported OS version or application framework on the target cloud.
How the technical team handles the situation?
These process may take a few days to find a pattern and then the planning team should analyze and create a completion time frame of the project.
We at Lia infraservices as a cloud migration team, provide all the best practice to have a successful cloud migration project to any cloud. We also offer other IT services like Website Design and development, Web and Mobile application development and finally the brand building via Digital Marketing.
For a Free Cloud Migration Demo CLICK HERE.