7 Content Writing Tips for Beginners
Content writing is an art of expressing ones taught or knowledge to the world. There are no short cuts for beginners to become a professional writer instantly. It requires a lot of passion and patience. Let’s see a few Content Writing Tips for Beginners in brief. In general, human beings use voice modulation to communicate with others. We fluctuate tone to express our emotions. Now, Just imagine the better way to communicate with other humans through voiceless writing. This is where content writing comes into the picture.
Content = Information = Knowledge
“Content Writing is an art of expressing our thoughts through scripts and alphabets.”
Know Your Audience:
The art of content writing lies in understanding the audience and conveying the right message to the right people. Good writers can able to persuade and influence the audience with their content scripts.
In order to reach a wide range of audience, creative content writing is necessary. The art of Creative Content Writing is a Gods gift from birth.
Others too can cultivate the writing skills and be a Good Content Writer.
Bad content fails to reach the targeted audience because it doesn’t convey valid information. Good content requires a lot of research, exploration and detailed analysis on the subject.
The central idea of the content must have a steady depiction of the facts in the content. Establish and maintain a positive connection with the readers throughout the topic.
Step by Step Content Writing Tips for Beginners:
1. Research on Key Points:
- First, select a topic of your choice. Once the topic is selected, note down the generic points which come to your mind.
- Its time to enter into the research zone. Do a lot of research on your topic and note down the key points.
- Plan the content flow.
2. Unique Writing style
- Understand the key points and write them in your own way. Unique writing styles always outstand the crowd.
- Put the Points in a simple way. focus more on the details then the vocabulary.
- Keep the information crisp and clear. A lengthy content may turn off the audience or make the informative content boring. So keep the content short and simple.
3. Stick to the topic:
- It is important to stick on the topic. Wandering around a different topic may divert the reader.
- Focus on the lead topic. It is ok to discuss a bit about the related topic. Notifying the related things with supporting points will strengthen and advocate the prime topic.
- Don’t mix different ideas and concepts in one content. Bringing in different ideas may easily deviate the reading flow.
- Don’t include the information that is not related to the prime topic directly.
4. Think Creatively:
Every content revolves around 3 major factors:
Many content writers may have picked the same topic and the factual Ideas will not vary much.
But, what matters the most is “View”. Everybody could able to see the topic and subject in their own angle and can have different opinion and views.
Impose your views and give a good makeover to the content. This will make your article or blog unique from others and gain the necessary audience attention.
5. Apt Title – Builds curiosity:
- Think differently. Think creatively. Put more effort on topic selection.
The audience doesn’t know about whats their inside the content until or unless they click to open the article.
- Always “The Best and Attractive Title” will be an eye stopper for the audience to build on curiosity to know what’s inside the content!
- Keep the Headline and the first paragraph intact. Because many readers have the habit of reading the first paragraph to decide on to read further or not.
6. Be Factual and Simple:
As mentioned earlier, stick on the topic. As a rule, build the entire content on the core idea with a lot of factual information. Subsequently, factual and realistic information will make your content reliable and trustworthy.
Therefore, keep your audience in mind, focus on their Domain, age factor, gender etc plays a major role.
Make sure the targeted audience is able to read your article and understand it effectively.
Note: Keep Paragraph short, sentences simple and the words readable.
7. Edit – Post writing:
Quality check is always recommended for error-free work.
Don’t publish the unedited article. Proofreading is a must to avoid errors.
- 1st Edit: Remove the sentence which is not relevant to the topic.
- 2nd Edit: Use the right font in the right place. present your article with the right font to make it more readable.
- 3rd Edit: Grammer, spell, and punctuation check. There is plenty of free Spelling and Grammer check tools available online.
- 4th Edit: Check for the Content flow. The proper arrangement of apt subheadings.
- 5th Edit: Proper redirection with internal links. Identify the keywords and redirect using an anchor tag to make the audience read more about the keyword.
Deliver Knowledge through content writing.
If the article is so good or contradictory, then readers will be fond to reply back in the comment section to appreciate or criticize. In short, your article should make your audience interact with you through feedback.
Take the feedback seriously, this will helps you to improve over time. Don’t reach for the negative feedback, respond gently. Coming into the public forum you should learn to be a broad-minded person.
Follow these Content Writing Tips for beginners to be a successful content writer.
10 Different Content Writing Styles:
1. Journals Style:
Covers the entire Breaking news with a single attention grasping title.
2. SEO copywriters:
Write good strategic Search Engine Optimized – SEO web content to make the site rank better organically and attract more traffic.
3. UX writers:
They are analytical writers. Eg, Help guide in the web or desktop application. Error or redirection message. UX designer & writer will make the user navigate through the web pages with proper guidance like an error message and transactional message.
4. Lead generation writer:
Attract potential customers to move closer to the sale. Eg, web Banner ads, Landing pages, call to action, Sales letter etc.
5. Subject Matter expert:
Someone with deep subject knowledge and have a better understanding of the industry. Compared to the person from respective domain knowledge can able to come up with detailed facts where a generalist content writer cant.
Eg, shipping & logistics, financial consultants etc
6. Influencer writing:
A famous person quote or an image on an advertisement will always influence his/ followers.
7. Social Media Writer:
They know how to converse and interact with the global audience on a social platform.
They are aware of the best time to post on different networks to gain more user views.
Particularly Social Media Marketing- SMM plays a major role in influencing online product sales and brand promotion activities.
8. Newspaper/Ad writer:
Advertising copywriter knows how to make the best use of limited space to convey the whole concept.
9. Technical Writer:
Technical Content Writing is on great demand. It required subject matter experts to pen down their findings, reviews and articles. Technical writers can make complex matter easily understandable. Eg, Guides, user Manual, instructions etc.
10. Business proposal/Letter writing:
They are experts to understanding the essence of the thing and we’ve them into the business proposal in a structured formal format.
Wondering to find the key Content Writer for your concern? By the way, we at Lia infraservices – The Top Digital Marketing Company in Chennai, India help you to find the expert writers for your job. We are also specialised in Social Media Marketing- SMM, Article Submission, Blog Publishing and all types of Technical & Non-Technical Content Writing Services across the globe.