How to Use Hashtags for Better Reach?
People work so hard to get their works noticed & recognized, in turn, they get into the limelight for their abilities. Use Hashtags for Better Reach.
Who doesn’t love seeking attention!
Everybody wants to be a celebrity. In Social Media Marketing, Hashtags plays a key role in projecting one’s interests and skills on a particular topic to the ideal minds.
In this blog, let’s see the role of hashtags in brand connect and how to use Hashtags for better reach to bring in better engagement for the social media postings.
What is meant by Hashtag or “#”?
13 years ago, the pound symbol was introduced by a web marketing specialist to group related Tweets.
A hashtag is a type of metadata tag that is widely used now on social networks such as Twitter and Instagram and other microblogging services.
Hashtags lets users apply dynamic, user-generated tagging that helps other users easily find messages with a specific theme or content.
What do Hashtags do?
Hashtags turn topics and phrases into clickable links in your Social Media posts on your timeline or Page. This helps people find posts about topics they’re interested in.
When you click a hashtag, you’ll see a feed of posts that include that hashtag.
Find the Trend – Right Hashtags can get you better reach and engagement
- Hashtags as a way to connect social media content to a specific topic, event, theme, or conversation.
- They also make it easier to discover posts around those specific topics.
- In general, hashtags aggregate all social media content with that same hashtag.
Know about Hashtag:
* They always start with # with no spaces, punctuation, or symbols in between.
* Make sure your accounts are public. Otherwise, your hashtagged content won’t be seen by any non-followers.
* Don’t string too many words together. The best hashtags tend to be relatively short and easy to remember.
* Use relevant and specific hashtags. Keep it simple and clear or else it will be hard to find and it won’t likely be used by other social media users.
* Limit the number of hashtags you use. More isn’t always better -Sometimes It looks spammy too.
Top 15 Hashtag Generator Tools in 2021:
#1: Flick – The best tool to find and manage hashtag smarter. In addition to all other tools mentioned below, Flicker shows, which Hashtag works best for your business.
#8: All Hashtag
How to use Hashtags for better reach?
Note: Too many hashtags reduce engagement rate and a bad idea to get more like on FB & Instagram”
5 Ways to use hashtags for better reach:
Choose the hashtags that are brand specific, Industry relevant, and audience focussed. If you are not an expert, then contact the top SEO Company in Chennai for your Business Branding needs.
1. Follow Social Media Influencers & Business Competitors:
Staying with the trend is very essential. Follow the competitors and relevant niche brand influencers. This will help you learn about, what your competitors are up to engaging the target audience and stay in the same trend.
2. Daily Trending Hashtags:
There are several popular trending hashtags finder tools on the web. The tool can let you know the list of trending Hashtags in your city or locality.
The content-specific trending hashtags are highly suggested to choose.
3. Be more Brand-specific than the popular hashtags:
Use the hashtags that are working fine for your brand, which could help you connect with a more targeted audience.
Popular Hashtags to Ignore:
For example, the hashtag #followme has more than 515 million posts on Instagram but your content can be easily missed in the ocean, without any engagement!
The popular but generic hashtags can appear spammy too.
Note: Just the Popular hashtags isn’t the right approach!
Popular Hashtags to consider:
Certain hashtags like #throwbackthursday or #flashbackfriday or other daily hashtags can sound a little funny, but these types of hashtags engage your brand to join a wider social media conversation.
Tips to use Hashtags:
1. Use relevant keywords to your business and the audience you are trying to target. (If you are a local business, use the name of your city too).
2. Don’t put your #hashtag in the middle of the #sentence. That makes #reading the sentence annoying. Instead, you can add the hashtags at the bottom of the post.
Number of Hashtags for every network:
- Facebook: Use 1 to 2 Hashtags
- Instagram: Use 5 to 10 Hashtags
- YouTube: Use 2 to 3 Hashtags
- LinkedIn : Use 1 to 2 Hashtags
- Pinterest: Use 2 to 5 Hashtags
- Twitter: 1 to 2 Hashtags
- Google+: 2 to 3 Hashtags
The best way to find out if your hashtag has any traction is to simply do a hashtag search using Facebook graph search. Type the desired hashtag into your Facebook search bar to reveal all the posts associated with the word.
If you have a hashtag specific to your brand or event, you can quickly check what others are saying when they use the hashtag.
The bottom line is – use the right Hashtag for better reach.